Is it a good idea to put solar panels on your home or are they going to be obsolete in the coming years? Technology can be fickle. We believe solar power will stand the test of time for decades and decades to come. The following are some reasons why we think solar power is an excellent investment.
1. It’s entirely renewable – The sun comes up every morning and has since the beginning of time. This makes it one of the most reliable and renewable sources of energy on the planet. Advances in technology make it possible for most homes to support a solar system even if they are in the shade or in an area that experiences a lot of rain or cloudy weather.
2. It’s clean – Solar energy is one of the cleanest energy sources around. As the world works on a global level to clean up the planet, clean energy is going to be more popular than ever.
3. It’s less expensive – Once the solar system has been installed and paid for, the power it generates is pretty much free. This will save your great amounts of money over time.
4. It’s getting support – Governments all over the world are in support of solar energy and they’re proving it with incentives to consumers and businesses to use it. Right now, you can get a 30% tax credit on the cost of putting a solar energy system in your home in the US. These tax credits will run until at least 2016.
5. It’s proven – Solar energy is not a pipe dream. It’s here now, and we know that it works. Further technology will only allow us to make it work even better, and even cheaper.
Solar energy is going to be around for a very long time. It works wonderfully now and will continue to improve in the coming years.
The time has never been better to install a new solar energy system. The technology works very well, the government is offering incentives and you will see a dramatic savings on your utility bill.